Admission to HoLa is based on an annual random lottery. HoLa's lottery drawing takes place in January each year for prospective students who are interested in enrolling for the following September.
Participate in HoLa’s Admissions Lottery
Deadline for Inclusion in the 2022 Lottery: January 6, 2022 at 5pm
Lottery: January 21, 2022 at 9am
Each student interested in attending HoLa must complete an application (siblings must each complete a separate application). After submitting an online application, you will receive an automatic confirmation that your application has been received, and then you will receive a separate email that includes your assigned lottery number. Your child must be assigned a lottery number in order to participate in the lottery; if you have not received a lottery number by January 6th, 2022, it is your responsibility to contact the school (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately.
Those who are offered a seat for September 2022 will be notified immediately; all others will be placed on the waitlist and contacted when/if seats become available.
HoLa provides the following preferences in the lottery:
1) Siblings of students currently enrolled at HoLa (in order of application submission)
- Spots are reserved for siblings of current HoLa students, if space is available in a given grade. If no space is currently available in the desired grade, siblings of current students are placed first on the waitlist for that grade, in the order that their applications are received.
2) Hoboken residents
- Applicants who reside in Hoboken are included in a separate lottery pool from any applicants who reside outside of Hoboken, and are given preference in the lottery for all grades.
3) Students who qualify either as low-income or as having limited English proficiency (proof is required upon application)
- Qualifying applicants receive triple the weight in their respective lottery pools.
Our lottery for the 2021-2022 school year has passed (the deadline for inclusion in the lottery was January 7th, 2021 at 5:00pm, and the lottery was held on January 14, 2021). However, we will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis, and applicants will be placed on the waitlists for their respective grades in the order in which they are received.
If a child is not offered a spot through the lottery, he/she is placed on a waiting list and may be admitted as seats become available. To find your position on the waitlist, check out our Admissions Waitlist or email our Admissions Office at email@example.com.